Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whatever!

"During the day I have to deliberately scrutinize my thoughts, because I can entertain unworthy musings. I need to work at upgrading my thoughts, because they inspire actions, they spill out lips, and they affect or infect my beliefs about myself and others" Patsy Clairmont

I often had times in my day where I think "I must have ADD...this can't be normal  to be thinking about one thing and then..BAM!..A new thought comes smashing in"  And the thoughts can be totally at opposite ends of the spectrum! One minute I can be thinking about the timeline of an upcoming wedding and then my mind is wondering if a friend could have coffee...or wondering if I missed the Kohls sale where I saw that cute pair of shoe..or...hmmm...what was I thinking? Exactly! The thought totally disappears! reminds me of the saying " If you have a thought, set it free, if it comes back good!  If it doesn't it  wasn't yours to begin with!"

Sometimes my thoughts are encouraging and powerful...plans and actions to make things better in my life, my kids life or work. Positive and uplifting thoughts for and about others...But sometimes my thoughts are discouraging and destructive...they make me think ill of others, or make me think others think ill of me...Negative and depressing thoughts that cause me to think I'm nothing good...

I have realized I need to say Whatever!  Not in a negative sense of blowing it off and believing what I think is real..cause lets face it...half the time we are so far from the mark in our thinking..But when I say whatever..I am reminding myself of Phillipians 4:8 which reminds of what I am to think about...

"Finally, brethern, WHATEVER is true, WHATEVER is honorable, WHATEVER is right, WHATEVER is pure, WHATEVER is lovely, WHATEVER is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."

 I'm going through a tough time in my life right now and my mind is flooded with so many things, I've also realized how powerful our mind can be and turn a bad situation into something totally worse than it will ever be.  So more than ever I need to think on the right things. However, with that said I also know the importance of really working through why I might me thinking on what I am, so jotting things down and finding time later in the day to work through thoughts has been very important to me...BUT the biggest thing, the most precious thing ..has been reminding myself.."Kelly you are not alone, God will sift my thoughts through His mighty hands and help me work  through these"

So the next time those thoughts come flooding through and I know they will!  I will say with much authority and the attitude of a 15 year old "WHATEVER"! I will fight the desire to take my thoughts to a level they shouldn't go and let God take them where they should be...

No comments:

Post a Comment