Thursday, August 11, 2011

Under Construction

Earlier this week my daughter had surgery and had to spend the night in the hospital.  There is a lot of construction going on there and her room happened to face the area.... 

 I sat there watching the work while my daughter slept.  The thought running through my mind was "they are busy doing nothing" I saw them walking with supplies and driving from here to there, cranes lifting supplies from one spot to another...but nothing looked liked it changed....

That is kind of how I feel about my life sometimes, especially right now.  I want things changed, I want to be done with what I am going through...but yet everything takes time.... 

The expected date to finish the construction at the hospital is 2013..I can imagine those doing the construction and those who work in the hospital can't wait or sometimes think it will never be done!

I know that feeling...impatience builds up in me and I fight the desire to cry and scream and run ahead of the process..

 As I watched them the next morning continue with the project I realized that in order for the building to be done, the strong, sturdy foundation needed to be built.  I realized that it needed to be safe and secure, it needed to be checked continually and to make sure there were no weak spots that could cause the foundation to fall before it could be built upon....

And I started to think about my life and what I am going through and realized that though I can't see the changes I am changing.  I am getting stronger and more secure in who I am.  The weaknesses are being dealt with..not always fun, but I am figuring out what I need to do to change. That in reality, it isn't going slow and before I know it the things I am going through will be dealt with..

I'm just under construction right now...

1 comment:

  1. This is so where I am at! I often wonder if I am ever going to "get there" and then realize that there is no "get there" to get to. Life is a journey. A process. An "in the middle" process that seems to just go and go and go.

    I begin to think that things are fitting into place, only to realize that I'm still "in the middle" and that there are many more things yet to be laid in the foundation.

    I remember a person telling me recently that when a caterpillar is in the cocoon, it literally dissolves and emerges as a brand new creation: a butterfly. It's in the construction process that we learn so much about ourselves and about who God wants to be for us.

    ReplyDelete