Sunday, August 14, 2011

Did I think that out loud??

Today was a wonderful day...I was blessed to have lunch and catch up with an old friend. 

We were talking about what was going on in our lives, things we are working on and things we want to change.. Out of curiosity...( and the fact there are some friends you can ask or say ANYTHING to)  I asked her a personal question, she answered and then with a look of complete and utter shock said
" Did I say that out loud?"

It got me thinking about how freeing it is to say things out loud, even if there is no one around to hear.  And most likely, it is best sometimes that there isn't!  Sometimes we can be so locked up in our minds and out thought patterns that to say it out loud and hear ourselves say it brings on a wave of different emotions..peace, laughter, embarrassment, anger...

I came across this tweet this afternoon from Patsy Clairmont "God knows our secrets...and He's not put off. He offers us living water." ( quote from Marilyn Meberg)


It reminded me that though we like to think no one knows our thoughts, the truth is God does. The Sovereign God of the universe knows our every thought, good and bad and it doesn't surprise Him! His unconditional love, unmerited grace and mercy take over on those times we can't believe what we think or say. He knows our humanness.  He knows our weaknesses.  And yet, with all that said loves us with an everlasting love...

What a thought to wrap our minds around...I am in awe at His love for me...And THAT I love to think out loud....

1 comment: