Friday, July 29, 2011

Which way...?

"Excuse me, Can you tell me which way I should go?" 
"You see I have been rather confused lately, do I choose the way well meaning people would desire me to go or do I choose the way that seems best for me? "

I've found from past experience that the way of well meaning people can be full of backed up traffic, road rage, pot holes, wrong ways and construction. Everything that cause stress and makes one wish they had gone in a different direction or never started out on this journey to begin with.  Or do I choose the way I think is best though it to, is full  of all the same things  plus a bunch of "I told you so's" and "I told you this would happen" when I run into problems and struggles?

Lately I've felt like I am at a crossroads with my life in decisions to make.  My heart says to go one way and yet I struggle so much with the pressure of life and what is expected of me and that is the other direction. So I have pulled off to the side of the road and watch the others pass me by, all seeming to know where they are going, all looking confident in their decisions..while I stare at the map and wonder...which way should I go?

BUT..this is the great part...I am not alone in this! I have been blessed with a God who loves me and helps  me and gives me strength and direction!  But also blessed with friends who help me along the way....

Last month I was in Chicago for a conference, on the way out of town, I ran into road construction, closed streets and backed up traffic.  I ended up getting turned around and lost...I had to pull off to the side to call a dear friend and ask for help, she got me headed in the right direction. But then I got lost again, but you know what ? She was STILL there for me!  And she said I should call  again if I needed help....what a blessing and a  reminder, I have a Father in Heaven who is always there to guide me, strengthen me and give me direction...and He has blessed me with dear friends willing to do the same....

So which way should I go?  The way I feel lead. Because that way is lined with grace, mercy and love...that way is lined with hands willing to help me up, that way is lined with unconditional love...Yes it is lined with trials and struggles and pain too...but no other way is lined with words of a loving God  and friends telling me to keep calling when I need help and direction and reminding me they will always be there for me...





No comments:

Post a Comment