Friday, July 29, 2011

Never

Never...It doesn't mean sometimes, once in a while, occasionally..No, Never is an absoulute that something isn't going to come to pass.  God says He will never leave me or forake me.  I've been hearing teaching that never is not absoulute, that in a sense......though the God of the Universe, the Creator has said never, there are reasons He will leave me. If that were the case, I could never trust His word and what it says. I could never know what in His word I could believe and what I couldn't.

I am not perfect and have done things in my life I am not proud of..daily I sin..daily I am frustrated with the thoughts that go through my mind..I strive daily to do His will and to make Him happy.....try to watch my tongue, give my flesh over to Him...but I fail.....but failing and realizing I do has brought me to a place of knowing that without Him I would be much worse because as I said in my last post, knowing He is with me has probably kept me from slipping much more than I already do.

The biggest truth I have been realizing is that He is with me and doesn't leave me..people may decide that they can't talk to me because of decisions I make or things I have done..but when I need God the most He is there not turning His back on me.  Oh the awesome feeling of understanding and feeling unconditonal love that NEVER leaves...

Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

And I didn’t even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

‘Til You opened up my eyes
I never knew
That I couldn’t ever make it
Without You

Even though the journey’s long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who’s gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I’ve been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God

As I travel on the road
That You have lead me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I’ve come from
And the things I’ve left behind
But of all I’ve had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what’s in front of me
With what’s in front of me
Mountain of God, lyrics by Third Day

No comments:

Post a Comment