Thursday, July 28, 2011

So Far Away...

God, you seem so far away.  But in reality it isn't you it's me. I've pulled away thinking you have no interest in me and my problems and my struggles.

There is a song that says "I may be out of God's will, but never out of His care." I know this is the truth. When I look at the last few weeks, I realize how you have kept me from slipping. You have protected me from making worse decisions and having worse consequences to my actions.

There are people out there who would want me to believe that when I sin, You turn your back on me completely. And I think in some way I have been believing those lies.  But then You have saved me from myself in so many ways the last few weeks I know that it is like a adult walking along side a child and keeping them from falling and really hurting themselves, pulling them up by the arm when they start to slip... You don't leave me...You want me to feel close to you, You want that relationship strong again. You understand that I need to sort through these thoughts..learn what is right and what is wrong..  You have put in my path strong loving friends to help me and keep me safe..You have given me Your word that reminds me that no one or no thing can take me away from You....You love me..A love I have longed for all my life is right there in front of me...Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment