Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Something I needed to hear...

God created me, all that I am, He made...  My strengths, My weaknesses, My gifts, My abilities.  ALL of it He made.  Then why do I think that who I am is not good enough?  Why do I feel I need to be something different than I am.  Why do I have this desire to be accepted by everyone but the One who matters most? 
Recently a dear friend was struggling in her profession because she was sure a customer she had to work closely with didn't like her.  My answer to her was "She doesn't define who you are. Don't give her that power." People do not define us, but for some reason we allow them too. We are also really good at giving advice but not following it ourselves..We give people too much power in our lives.Wait. Let me rephrase that...I give people too much power in my life.  The only One who can mold me, should mold me is Jesus Christ Himself.   I need to go back to His word and really read verses on who I am in Christ and What He thinks of me.  I need to allow the flood gates of Grace and Mercy to wash over me and fill my mind with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment